Monday 14 March 2011

TG for the law!

As of January 1st, Spain is essentially smoke-free.  I hesitated to comment earlier because frankly, I didn't believe it would actually happen.  But happen it did!

There is not more smoke dodging in cafes or bars and I can actually partake in the nocturnal dance-hall activities.  Spaniards are even smoking less frequently on the streets.  Thank goodness for the inevitable result of the lethal combination of Spanish laziness and enforced fines!  Wahoo!

I predicted a good 20% decrease in cigarette smoking here.  I dunno, it may be more than that.  Also, because both of my smoker-roommates moved out, I no longer wake up to blocked nasal pasages and bloody tissues.

Oh my, how my life is improved.  Perhaps the Iron Lung isn't so inevitable after all...!

3 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!! I'm really glad it's been successful and that you get to be a part of the nightlife!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastico! Thank the Lord that has finally been passed, ridiculous that it took so long but now that Spain needs more help from the EU it's no wonder it's finally been pushed through! Que bien! No more phlegm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but before you need the basic one!!!

    ReplyDelete